At Apologue we set out to make spirited liqueurs
for those who care about what they drink.
So what does that mean?
- We only use natural ingredients. Each liqueur contains a balanced blend of fruits, roots, herbs, and barks. We include each of these directly on the back of our bottle for you to see.
- We feature unique, regional ingredients sourced from high-integrity, independent farmers. We work to capture the heart of each expressions’ flagship ingredient to help expand people’s palates and spotlight an underdog of the agricultural community.
- We sweeten responsibly. Ya they are liqueurs, but we don’t overdo the sweetness and we only use organic cane sugar.
Our resulting liqueurs are equal parts delicious, adventurous, and versatile. We use them to elevate classic cocktail recipes or when we want to create our own delicious, casual cocktail.
Some other good stuff we’re working towards
We’re striving everyday to be more than just a regional liqueur maker.
We’ve chosen to do this through our commitment to becoming a Certified B Corporation to help make a positive impact on society, workers, the community, and the environment.
To make this tangible:
- We source locally wherever possible from local growers such as Growing Solutions Farm (Celery Root) and Coldbrook Farm (Aronia Berries)
- We are Non-GMO Project Verified, using only non-GMO ingredients
- We support community-based organizations such as Advocates for Urban Agriculture and Chicago Period Project